In this episode, Kunle chats with Chase Clymer, co-founder of Electric Eye Agency, Shopify Expert, and host of the Honest Ecommerce Podcast. Today, Chase talks about what every e-commerce business owner should know, including tips for the upcoming sale season this year. Tune in to know more about e-commerce strategies, the reason why content is king, and the reason why opportunities lie in your audience.
- Why You Should Be Niching Down
- About Chase and His Agency
- The DNA of Growth for Ecommerce Businesses
- Apps on Shopify
- Tips for Retail Businesses
Podcast Show Notes:
- 01:32 – Get The Ultimate Guide for Crushing Holiday Revenue Targets at Klaviyo
- 02:50 – Join the 2xEcommerce Facebook Group
- 04:05 – Today’s Guest: Chase Clymer of Honest Ecommerce Podcast
- 06:51 – Why you shouldn’t be a generalist
Niching down is winning
- It’s on YOU to find your product-market fit
- 10:28 – Stability – a requirement to scale
- 10:54 – Chase talks about running an agency
- Pricing Creativity is a book Chase recommend
- 12:27 – Electric Eye Agency is hiring full-time employees
- 14:14 – The DNA of Growth in an e-commerce business
- It’s always relative
- Producing content
- Making the user experience better
- 19:51 – Why Chase doesn’t have any apps in Shopify
- Selling too many things
- Favorite apps
- Apps should be serving a purpose in your store
- 24:42 – Chase’s thoughts on customer reviews
- Set-up automation for reviews
- 26:26 – Promising channels for e-commerce businesses
- 28:00 – About the Podcast
- 31:49 – Tips for the year’s busiest quarter for retail
- 36:14 – For Youtubers, remember to think about your audience
- The opportunity lies in the audience
- 39:28 – The Lightning Round
- How do you hire people? — “Looking for culture fit first”
- Are you a morning person? — “Absolutely not!”
- What’s your daily morning routine? — “Coffee first”
- What are you 3 indispensable tools for managing your business? — “Cognito Forms, Hidden Gem, Zoom”
- What’s been your best mistake? — “Not vetting our clients well”
- The single book or resource with the highest impact on your business — “Traction”
- Being a generalist is the worst idea for any e-commerce business.
- Focus on 1-2 channels only for each level in your sales funnel.
- Your ads don’t matter if nobody knows about it.
- Build quality audience.
No one is going be able to help you find product-market fit…it’s on you.
You don’t want people visiting your website to be bombarded with pop-ups.
Facebook Group • Continue the Conversation
The eCommerce GrowthAccelerator Mastermind Facebook Group has just launched.
It is a community…
✔️ for founders and experts passionately involved in eCommerce
✔️ for the truly ambitious wanting to make an impact in the markets they serve
✔️ for those willing and open to help and share with other members
Here is where to apply to join the Facebook group
This episode is brought to you by:
This episode is brought to you by Klaviyo
If you’re looking to grow your business there is only one way—by building real, quality, customer relationships. Most marketing software will claim they do this, but will never deliver on their promises. You need to demand more from your marketing software that’s where Klaviyo comes in. Klaviyo helps you build meaningful customer relationships by listening and understanding cues from your customers, allowing you to easily turn that information into valuable marketing messages.
That’s why 10,000 innovative brands have switched to Klaviyo.
What’s their secret to building customer relationships? Tune into Klaviyo’s Beyond Black Friday docu-series to find out and unlock marketing strategies you can use to keep the momentum going year-round. Just head on over to klaviyo.com/2x for more.